New Pig - And Some Questions

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I recently acquired a 25 kVA 120/240 x 7,200/14,400
pig and have several questions.

I've been using it in series with my 225 amp Lincoln
welder on my 4.24" x 23" coil. My MMC is 7 strings of
14 Seacor 47 nF for 23.5 nF. Even at 6kVA, the thing
runs great. Massive primary strikes, but no apparent
MMC damage or flashovers. In fact, my secondary is
just below my primary, and only has a little over an
inch primary/secondary spacing, but no racing sparks.
My spark length appears to be limited somewhat by the
numerous primary strikes.

Obviously it's time to wind another secondary (and
primary). I have a 10.75" x 76" PVC pipe. I'd like to
build a coil capable of running around 15 - 20 kVA. (I
can feed the pig up to 200 amps, but will be staying
WELL below that).

I'd like some advice as to a good secondary wire size
to shoot for. I'm assuming around 22 or thicker.

I'd also like to know what a good minimum cap size
would be. I'm assuming that I can use my 23.5 nF with
a higher bps rsg (or static gap), but for the moment,
I only have a 120 bps srsg. I'm currently using my
shop vac gap.

For 240 volt operation, should I connect the mains
neutral to the center low voltage bushing? It appears
to work fine without this. This bushing isn't
connected to the case or core (as in an NST).

Also, should the pig case be grounded to the RF
ground, to the mains ground, or simply float? Again,
none of the windings are connected to the case.

thanks
Adam

=====
Adam Minchey