RE: Perfect NST Depot/Run container!

Original poster: "Duke, Ronn (CCI-San Diego CCC) by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Ron.Duke-at-cox-dot-com>

I recently rewound a 15/60 Franceformer and used a 30 cal. ammo can to put
it in.( $3.50 surplus). It's almost exactly the same size as the original
case the transformer came in. I mounted all the input and output terminals
on the lid. I used ½ in. PVC piping for the HV towers.(used a slip to
threaded coupler with and "O" ring). For the LV input , I used the original
ceramic mount. These boxes are metal, very sturdy, air and water tight,(to
keep the ammo dry during combat), and come with a convenient carry handle to
make your transformer easy to move. I would think that moving a 30lb.
transformer in a flimsy plastic bin full of oil is not the easiest thing to
do. Email me if you want more details.

Sparky