Is a properly unpotted NSTless prone to failure under TC duty?

Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

I have heard one here say it was but maybe this isn't true but a fluke.

He coated his with thick coats of brush on varnish. This is what I am doing
now with one I managed to unpeel to the broken wire but I still am not sure
its going to work. Its one with a secondary that also threw a spark out the
middle to hit the core and the hv leads burned blowing black smoke all over
the place for five minutes while I struggled to open the case.

Ideally, I'd like to immerse it in oil but I have seen no containers except
tupperware that are about the right size and still have a lid. I know the
silicone seal will not hold to the plastic and I think it would leak
eventually.

I have also thought of encasing in resin but I realized if one of the
secondaries fry under that condition, I can kiss the whole thing good bye.