MOT w/doubler question

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Eng.Sun-dot-com>

I'm trying to make sure I understand how a voltage doubler (like in a
microwave oven circuit) works

         +------------+-------------------- HV out
         |            |
        ---           |
        CAP           |
        ---           |
         |            |
         |            -
       x S w          I
       f e i          O
       r c n          D
       m d d          E
       r r i          -
         y n          |
         | g          |
         |            |
         +------------+--------------------

                     GND

If I am understanding this correctly, the top of the xfrmer secondary winding
does +1900v to -1900v and back at 60 Hz; 120 peaks counting both + and - (???).

The "HV out" does 0 while the diode is conducting, and (2 * 1900), ie the
sum of the secondary V plus the CAP V, while the diode is non-conducting,
at 60 Hz;   60 peaks, pulsing DC ie only one polarity (???).

Therefore: TC using MOT w/ voltage doubler will do 60 BPS. (?)
(or maybe more if the Tank cap can be charged multiple times in one (half)
cycle).

The way I see it (someone correct me if I'm wrong) putting two MOTs w/doublers
in series with common ground you get (4*1900v) at 60 BPS and it is pulsating
DC, at least if you connect everything up correctly (swap one of the diodes
from the way it was in the M-O, and connect the primaries in anti-parallel)...

         +------------+-------------------- HV out
         |            |
        ---           |
        CAP           |