Re: triggered spark gap in a vacuum?

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Shad

I remember a photo of a cat sit on a sheet of clear plastic sheet with a
oxyacetylene torch heating the
plastic. I can't remember what kind of plastic is it but when you describe
your set-up it's remind me
that. Could be interesting to know what it is.

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

> Hi All!
>
>  Thanks to you all :)  I did some digging on my own and came up with about
> the same answers.
>
>  The planned trigatron will be made of aluminum structural tubing, 3" OD and
> 2 1/4" ID, giving me a 3/8 wall.  The end plates will be 1/2" thick
> aluminum, and 1" thick polycarbonate (I can get 2" also).  The real task
> will be sealing it up well enough to withstand the alternate vacuum and
> explosive pressure differences.  The only real places I can forsee xrays
> being able to escape the container is the polycarbonate endcap, and the
> holes for pumping it down and backfilling it.  But the "soft" radiation it
> would put off shouldn't go further than 1/3 the distance of the "10 foot
> pole" I'll be away from it.  I'm wary of the polycarbonate disc at the end
> (even though it's 1" thick).  The metal parts of the container I'm sure will
> stand up to the pressure (I intend to put hefty valves on the pump/fill
> fittings so I don't get a "hiccup" of high pressure blasting through the
> pump.)

Snip

                     Shad