Re: MOTS with level shifter

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Greetings list

Been using 4 MOTS in a two pair config to provide 9kV AC rms
Results with coil and current drawn from mains well controlled.

Tried AC coupling and diode clamps (as per list discussions recently)

Mains current drawn was extremely high as soon as the spark gap (test load)
fired.

Traced to what I think is large capacitive load on MWO's cancelling out the
transformer output inductive reactance resulting in much less current
limiting in the xfrmrs. Note No additional secondary current limiting
employed such as resistors.

Have read on the list recently that the capacitor Z would act like a
secondary current limiting arrangement. Clearly I do not observe this with a
simple static gap test load. Suspect driving the tesla with a SRSG will
control primary current.

Any similar effects observed with this config or comments appreciated

Rgds
Ted L in NZ

Anybody found same