Re: SA's latest issue

Original poster: "Charles Hobson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <charles.a.hobson-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<MaverickIce00-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/28/01 8:12:50 AM Mountain Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

Hi Darren,

> I vaguely remember Colorado Springs notes commenting about Tesla's ideas
> for sending energy via the Earth, and that what he didn't know is that the
> Earth's resonant frequency is around 6 Hz

I seem to remember that the resonant frequency of Earth (I think it's
referred to as "Shumann resonance" or something like that) is around 7.83
Hz.
Other List members undoubtedly know more about this subject than I, so they
may be able to clarify.

Regards,

Josh Hunsaker
Denver, Colorado

Hello Josh and Darren,

Pardon my intrusion, but the Shumann resonance seems to ring a bell about
Inertial Navigation Systems. I am not really acquainted with these  systems,
but I recall that this resonance or pendulum effect is included in their
navigation calculations. Don't rate gyros experience this effect?
I also recall vaguely that Tesla worked out some very low earth resonant
frequency based on his observations of lightning in Colorado.

Chuck