Re: joining stainless steel

Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Steve Cook by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<Steve-at-g8cyerichmond.freeserve.co.uk>

> I have just found some stainless steel rimless bowls, the sides are almost
> vertical. The metal is about .5mm thick. My idea is to use a pair to make an
> oblate spheroid top terminal for a coil. Can anybody give me an idea as
to how
> I might a pair together rim to rim.

	I've had good luck with aluminum tape, burnished with a spoon.  You can
provide internal electrical connection if you wish,through contact
springs or the like.  Soldered to the bottom piece, etc.  Can't find ANY
around here that don't have rolled rims, which really can't be flattened
by any method I've tried.

Ed