Re: nst shock

At 09:30 AM 7/1/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Tesla list wrote:
>	As a matter of interest, "NEON SIGNS" by Miller and Fink, circa 1935,
>says that the only danger from a shock by an NST is falling off a sign
>platform.  Baloney!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
>Ed

Ed's right!  There have been a large number of people killed by NSTs since
1935.  A fair number of them were teenagers experimenting with them.

While I was gathering the list of known "Tesla coiling" deaths*, the issue
of "NST only" deaths came up.  They were not included since those NST
deaths were not from Tesla coiling activites (but often Jacob's ladders).

High energy ingnitions in cars, NSTs, TV flyback circuits and other "low
power" high voltage sources have all killed far more people than Tesla
coils.  Not because Tesla coils are at all safe but rather due to the
realatively few people that have them and their attention to safety.

Be real carefull out there!!!

*http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/Deaths.txt

Cheers,

	Terry