Re: Riding t-loads, and other dangerous stuff.

Original poster: "Alan Yang by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <megavolt121-at-mediaone-dot-net>

Jon, all
    I agree with what your father did to help make it safe for you to do the
dangerous thing, but with a Tesla Coil it is way different. The worst that
can happen with drinking is that you all get drunk and beat each other
up.(that is considering that no one is driving, no cops, etc.) With a t/c it
all changes. Once you tell someone all of the safety hazards and what's
required, that will only encourage people to try a stunt because they think
that they know all that can go wrong. Educating people on the dangers will
not help, it will only do more damage by letting other's think they can
perform the stunt.
    As I've said in the way past, I've been fortunate enough to see kVA
perform this sparks of fingertips stunt. Before I saw it i thought "oh just
don't ground yourself and be careful not to fall off the platform". This got
me thinking that i could do the trick too. That is until i saw the stunt
performed and realized that there were MANY more precautions taken to ensure
the safety of the stunt man. When i got around to asking why and how it
worked, the response started along the lines of "Well we aren't 100% sure,
but we believe its due to the ......" That just got me freaked when the pros
told me they weren't 100% sure. If you really want sparks off your fingers,
do the Dr. Megavolt way and make a full body faraday suit. Just research
more into faraday cages since we know how that works and how they protect
you.

Safely Coiling and watching demos
-Alan