Re: Sync mod question

In a message dated 7/3/01 6:30:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi all!
>
>  I have a question on making a motor sync. Here goes:
>
>  Instead of grinding flats on the rotor can't I just clip the wires
connected

>  to that electrode? That way it can't "grip" that part.
>
>  Thanks,

Matt,

There are no wires in the motor's rotor that can be clipped, and
no electrodes in an induction motor.  Have you looked at the
inside of an induction motor?  There are many heavy (usually
aluminum) conductors running in a slant across the rotor.

John