Complete destruction if the Geeks perfectly good p133...

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all (esp. chris)

I had a look at the pics from the geek frying that poor old PC... I am very
impressed, and I have a couple of questions, and a theory...

Theory - why the motherboard didnt die when it was hit with arcs - the
capacitance between the ceramic casing of the chip and the air, and the
board and the air caused the skinn effect to take place, making the
electricity shoot over the surface of the board/components to the grounded
case, not damaging it. Dont ask me about the reeboot thou :)

Question - What dod you plug the computer into? It seems pretty daft to plug
it into the mains when you have a million volt arcs hitting the thing...

Question 2 - I have a pretty pants computer and wouldnt mind one that could
take million volt arcs  and still work - who was the computer made by? Just
to show how well it must have been built...

Jason

Geek # 1139 Rank G-1
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org