Re: Measuring resonance with a scope

On 5 Jul 01, at 10:06, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

> Andrew,
>
> Yup I found out how to do this... Look at chuck's site
> http://www.charles.a.hobson.btinternet.co.uk/MEASUREMENTS.htm
> and you can
> see how to do it. Not having a frequency counter i am a bit lost though...
>
> Jason (16 :)

Calculate your resonant frequency from the scope trace. It won't be
stunningly accurate but should be close if the scope is calibrated.
Your goal is to get the same trace (amplitude excepted) using the
same timebase for both pri and sec.

Malcolm