RE: Three phase TC

Original poster: "Basura, Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brian.basura-at-unistudios-dot-com>

Jason,

I've thought this quite a bit. First off you need to clearly define what you
are referring to when you say three phase TC. If you are speaking of mains
power then there are a number of options. You could rectify the three phases
and run a DC coil (Greg Leyhs Electrum comes to mind). Or you could use
three transformers (one on each phase) and three primary caps all switched
into one primary via a rotary spark gap (as outlined by the master himself,
N. Tesla).

 What I'm aspiring to do is quite a bit different. I'd like to have three
secondarys which are 120-degrees out of phase with each other.  I still
haven't found a strategy to accomplish this in a disruptive coil. I'd
probably have to go with a Toob coil to get the secondaries to be truly
three-phase but I'm not that interested in toobs. Creating a bipolar design
is easy but three phase (tripolar ?) may be impossible...

Regards,
Brian B.