Skin effect, was Complete destruction if the Geeks perfectly good p133...

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Mark,

> Skin effect is only valid for good conductors.  Last time I checked, the
> ceramic casing of a chip was not too conductive.

I dont think so... Take a glass rod with big copper things on each end. Make
sure the rod is shorter than the streamers from your TC. Then, set it up as
a ground rod, and hit the one end with TC streamers, while the other end is
just grounded. The electricity will run over the surface of the glass. The
reason for this is that the electron 'junction' between the glasss and the
air (different electron densities) causes the rod to become a capacitor...
and as you know, capacitors conduct at high frequencies :)

Regards,
Jason

Geek # 1139 Rank G-1
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org