Material for SG structure

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi guy

I experiment with a material may be it could be use for spark gap structure.

I don't know the name of the material in english, in french it's
call amiante ciment may be it's asbestos cement, any way the
stuff is not expensive, it's 1/4" thick and gray, it's sale in 4'
by 8' panel, the main use for it is protecting the wall in the
rear of a wood stove. The stuff is really resistant to heat, I
use it on my bench when I want to weld small part with electric
welder or oxyacetylene torch. Before recommend it to you I test
it's electrical resistance; this morning I put the output wires
of a 15KV .030A NST on each side of the panel; only 1/4" distance
and no conduction at all, the stuff is a good insulator, it's
hard and rigid could be saw and drill, but it's hard on the tools
cutting edge. I don't know if it's available in USA, the law are
more strict down there about asbestos, but here in Canada test
proved that the asbestos in the cement is stable and have no
tendency to be release in environment.

I don't know if it's could be use for rotary disk, I don't test
it's ability to stand the centrifuge force a rotary need to stand
but it could for sure be used to hold electrode in a static spark gap.

Cheers,

Luc Benard

*This post and an other one was send friday at 1:00 PM but both
never make it to the list...???

Friday we had a server problem - Terry