Re: Dual layer primaries

Hi Ed, all,
             I've built and use a number of stacked primaries. For a
two layer job: if the spacing between the two layers is about 1 tube
diameter, both layers are the same diameter and all turns are tapped
in, the inductance you will obtain is typically about 3 to 3.5 times
the inductance of a single layer. Quiz - any guesses as to the
geometry of such a primary that gets closest to 4x? (Hint - consider
inter-turn coupling in a single layer)

Malcolm