Re: secondary coatings

Hi Robert,

I just use high gloss polyurethane varnish like they use on wood furniture.
 Any hardware store will have that.  Works fine and is super tough.  Don't
get the "spray can" kind but the "brush on" kind does fine.  Seems like
only 20% of the spray can kind ever hits what you want it to.  Polyurethane
penetrates well and dries without bubbles.  You may get a bug or two on it
but just leave them till it is dry and pick them off later.  If you let it
dry in the dark (no lights on) the bug problem will be far less.

If you can keep the coil slowly rotating while it is drying, you can get
very thick coats that are perfectly even and smooth.  It is well worth the
extra trouble to rig up something to turn the coil while it is drying.

I keep a 1 inch space between the primary and secondary on my coils as a
rule and have never had a problem.

Cheers,

	Terry