Re: Dimmer as a Variac.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/7/01 04:57:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi
>
> i remember reading somewhere about someone on one of the neon related
> websites wanting to use a dimmer to controll an nst and the result initially
> was a burned dimmer, he had to make some mods to get it to work, i will try
> to figure out where it was and post it
>
> Alex

Hey Alex, all
I found that site too, and as soon as I get to the hardware store....

http://www.neonshop-dot-com/neonweb/nn/tdorr17.html

He used this to control a 15/30 (450 VA) would this be ok for a 12/60 (720
VA) I'd imagine it would...

I think he did what terry was talking about, by using a 3 wire setup with
some things in parallel...

I think a dimmer would fit better into a small controller than a big variac.

Jonathon Reinhart
hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla