Re: NST Ground, RF ground, the whole bit...

Hi Guys,
         Comments at the bottom.........

On 12 Jul 01, at 19:45, Tesla list wrote:

> Hi Jonathon,
>
> "I" agree with you :-))  If it can carry seriuous RF, it needs a short RF
> ground.  The AC line ground is only good for 60Hz AC stuff.  There are all
> kinds of opinions on this, but this is mine ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Terry
>

> At 09:13 PM 7/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:
> >WOAH, wait a second! I thought the green ground (mains ground, 3rd wire...)
> >was for the power cab. only (with the RF mains filters, boxes, and
> >whatelse...). The RF ground is for all others - NST case, motor housing,
> >bottom of sec. coax shield (if aplicable) any faraday cages... Whats the
real
> >story? Whos the expert here?
> >
> >The only time I connect the third wire ground to the NST case is when I am
> >using it for a Jacob's Ladder...

> >Jonathon Reinhart
> >hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla

Is the transformer being asked to deal with RF or mains frequencies?
With the case/core of the transformer connected to the RF ground, is
the base current of the coil elevating the case of the transformer
wrt mains ground or not?

Questions, questions ;)
Malcolm