Re: sec. wire

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Jon,

Anything from 22 to 28 AWG will work OK, depending on
how many primary turns you feel like using.  Thinner
wire will give more secondary turns, requiring more
primary turns.  If I were building it, I'd probably
choose 24AWG.

Also, I think you misplaced the decimal on your cap,
as it seems to be about ten times too big.  .017uF is
a bit closer to optimum.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg