Re: NST Ground, RF ground, the whole bit...seperate issure

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/16/01 9:51:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "CJ Moore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> wizard1234-at-home-dot-com>
>
> I live in a pathetic suburb and can't go outside and drive a copper pipe 10
> feet under the ground, I can barely operate a tesla coil in the confines of
> my own garage. What should I do for my RF ground? Is it necessary? In
> previous coils, I just taped a 2 gauge copper wire to the cement floor of my
> garage and used that as a ground. Is this not enough?
>
> CJ Moore
> 60871583

Hi CJ,
        I used a masonry drill to put a 1/2 in. hole in my garage floor and
then pounded in a 5/8 in. x 4 ft grounding rod until only 2 in. remained
above floor level. My basement floor has a similar hole and rod in an
inconspicuous corner. In each case, 4 ft was plenty of depth. If you live in
a rental unit, or worst of all a Condo, which combines most of the
restrictions of apartment dwelling with all the liability of home ownership,
then a 4ft x 4ft thin metal plate or wire mesh under the coil is about all
you can do.

Matt D.