Re: Twin coils on ebay

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Clearspring1-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Folks,

The foregoing exceptions to my brief on liability notwithstanding... :-)
I'll mention a couple of things and it's the last you will hear from me on
this subject:

I think simple waivers "should" be enforced.  I think every adult "should" be
the only one held responsible for the results of his own stupidity.  I think
it would be great if it would remain the fact (if it is a fact) that no one
has yet been sued over a Tesla coil.  But my first two wishes are not
reality; and someone eventually Will be sued over injuries by a Tesla coil.
Wishes and "shoulds" get short shrift in the legal world.  P.I. lawyers make
a pretty good living.  My only interest is to say "It doesn't have to be you"
who pays them.  If you sell or rent Tesla components for money, bear in mind
that you are in a completly different position from one whose home is invaded
by an idiot who turns on the coil gets injured.  Get good legal advice.
Homebrew your own if you really do like life on the edge.  It's a very tricky
field.

FWIW, I graduated from one of the best law schools in the country and, after
a year of practice, retired permanently from law in 1971.  I love lawyer
jokes -- probably more than most folks.  I have no agenda other than offering
a word to the wise.

Regards,

Michael Tandy