RE: MOTs in series

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Some MOTs do not have the inner lead of the HV coil connected to the core. I
have a couple of MOTs where inner leads look like they are connected to the
core, but are actually insulated from the core. I did not like the
situation, so I connected the inner leads of both MOTs to their cores.
Connecting different MOTs in series should not cause a serious problem. In
fact I'm up to 48 MOTs now, and I still do not have an identical pair. I'm
beginning to think that identical pairs do not exist in the USA. If both
MOTs work individually and you have properly phased for series connection on
the HV side, I can't think of anything else that is causing the problem.
Have you checked the service breaker :-))))

Godfrey Loudner