Re: THOR episode II

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

> MOVs (Metal Oxide Varistors) my help a lot.  Unlike spark gaps, they are
> voltage driven not current driven.  They will conduct away the high voltage
> spike but they will cease conducting once the voltage drops below their
> rating.  This allows the voltage to be clamped without the chance of
> getting a continuous current arc started.  They are fast and can absorb
> streamer energies.

maybe some gas tube surge suppressers? if you would like to try a few, i
have some 250v twin line tubes. they can be used each side to ground for
250v threshold or feed through both tubes to ground for 500v threshold
but only one line per unit. i'll send you a couple if you mail me off
list with an address. these are pretty neat little items.
marc