Re: Cavalier Attitude and DANGERS OF COILING !!

In a message dated 6/25/01 6:52:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "Jim DeLillo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> jimdel-at-bellatlantic-dot-net>

Hi Jim, all,

I have to agree with you 100% in your comments below.  Some folks
like to tempt fate it seems, and it seems that no matter how many
warnings are posted, or how many stories about folks dying from
shocks of various types, there is still a tendency among some to
disregard safety, and do things that can result in instant death,
or horrible maiming.   In today's world, where the govt requires
warnings about everything, the govt policy may backfire by making
folks think that all warnings can be ignored perhaps.   But coiling
dangers are very *real*.  Some of
the new coilers may not have much experience with  electricity,
and may not fully be aware of the dangers.  Some coilers may
like to feel like daredevils, and take pride in their dangerous stunts,
thinking that safey is for wimps perhaps?  This is the attitude that
leads to a horrible death.

I think a good attitude for coilers is, if you think something may be
risky, *don't do it* !!   It's one thing to forget to shut off the
electricity,
it's another to deliberately touch live circuits.  Either way will kill you,
the electricity is not choosey with its murderous power.

Wouldn't it be a tragedy if someone on the list met their maker
via a coiling safety blunder?

John Freau