Re: NST current limit adjustment.

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You can measure the NST current with a regular analog
or digital multimeter connected across the HV outputs
& set on the amps function. I've done this many times.
The meter will short the voltage down to nearly zero,
and the meter can read the 30ma without harm. Make
sure the DMM internal fuse is good. I had a blown DMM
fuse one time and didn't know it. The fuse acted like
a spark gap and my meter was fried! Also, use a cheap
DMM just in case some thing goes wrong. Hook
everything up, get yourself and your hands clear, plug
in the NST from a safe distance away, and read your
current measurement from the meter without touching
anything. Unplug the NST. Make your shunt adjustments,
repeat...

Greg