Re: TC Final Plans

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pyrotrons-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi CJ...

Everything looks good for the most part.

A air-blast/blown gap will work great, vacuum gap will work great, a rotary
will work even better, and a triggered gap I don't know, because I've never
used one! Sounds like they're good, Mark Metlicka seems to like them ; ) I
think your best bet is a SRSG but beware, I just made one to operate at 20kVA
and they're NOT easy to make, despite their simplicity.

The primary is great.

The secondary is great.

The toroid is great, even though we don't know what it is yet! Use something
big. 6" dryer duct would look good on a 5" secondary, and perform well also.
You'll just have to toy with them and see.

Your sparks will probably be anywhere from 4 feet to 6 feet.......possibly
more if things are perfect. Lot's of debate here of course, I mean, we're
talking sparklength!

Have a good one........

Justin Hays
KC5PNP