Triggered gap and safety gaps

Original poster: "jpeakall by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Howdy all,

Converted my two-horned sucker gap into a three-horned sucker gap today,
with the third horn being the trigger 'ode. I can get it to work nicely, but
have to widen my safety gap much wider than previously. I have always had it
set on the conservative side, so that it basically always fires with 140vac
in. Should I be concerned? This is my difficult to replace 15/120 nst, so
I'm a little worried. Any TG gap setting protocols out there?

Another TG question, does any of the NST voltage get crammed up the trigger
circuit? I am not planning on touching any of the trigger equipment, except
for the remote on/off switch during operation, but I would like to know, and
if so, any filters/snubbers that could be employed to increase safety?

Thanks once again,

Jonathan Peakall

I don't know....Can I stop myself from going downstairs, hooking it all up,
and seeing what happens??? Hmmm... ;-o