Re: Triggered gap questions

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Mike

I have a paper that could interested you on my download site:

http://homepage.mac-dot-com/ludev/

When there open the folder "Tesla" and download the document
"3elec_sg.pdf" It's really interesting and I'll try to base my
future trigger gap in this concept ( the trigger electrode out of
the way of the 2 main electrodes ).

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

<Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

> Ok,  Here's a question for the triggered gap gurus:
>     I have been reading this thread with much interest.  It sounds like a
> great alternative to the SRSG!    One thing I read is that the primary
> current passes 'through' the trigger electrode.  My question is, could the
> trigger electrode be positioned slightly out of alignment with the primary
> gap electrodes so the triggered arc would have to take a slightly 'bent'
> path?  This, if so, would seem to me to help alleviate heating and/or
> corrosion of the trigger electrode.
>    It would seem that the trigger electrode could be made into a sharp point
> and cause the ionization of the space between the gap electrodes

I'll try a flyback circuit too, because may be the RF corona from
it could be sufficient to trigger the gap ????

 to provide