RE: PCBs

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Objects above 150 lbs. go by freight truck. In my recent experience, the
cost is a little above $1 / lb. on a 1000 mile haul. You might be able to
get a better deal by calling a freight agent. I read about someone who
bought a monster cap (300 lbs.) for $75 and the freighting costs were $350.

The name Line Material Industries suggest you might be looking at a cap for
PFC on distribution lines. I believe those types of caps are useless for
tesla work or energy storage (can crusher).

As for PCBs, I don't know. If its not oil leaky, I don't think its much of a
problem. But I wouldn't go around telling anyone about owning a possible PCB
filled cap. There is a case in the archives of someone who told his wife all
about his PCB filled cap. After a divorce, she was very delighted to call
the EPA for little discussion. The EPA confiscated the cap and charged him a
mighty sum of money for its incineration. There are some things you don't
tell your wife.

Godfrey Loudner