Re: Baiting and and being made to look like a fool.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <BillEaver-at-aol-dot-com>

Garry
Yeah, I know how you feel. Since there all kinds of people out here
on this list I think it's OK to let people do what they do. You get a better
picture of them in your mind. Yes, we all judge each other! (So, I'll get to
the Tesla coil part.) With me it happened like this. I was telling the list
how I sink a 20 foot copper pipe into the ground over here in California
soil for a good Earth ground. Hook it to the garden hose, turn it on and
let it wash itself into the dirt! No big deal I thought. Well, one guy made
me feel dumb by saying it didn't work and all he got out of it was a sand
and gravel shower. Another guy tried it and found too many rocks below
the top soil and his lawn started looking like a 2x4 that's been on the
drill press too long. Somebody told me that there soil is like coffee grounds
and all he had to do was push the pipe in with his bare hands. For a while
I felt like a dummy until our brave moderator told someone to do the same
thing for an easy ground without pounding. I started feeling "OK" again and
finally put the gun down... Just kidding. But hey, for a while there I thought
they were after me for saying something wrong about dirt!  With me, I learn
all I can without asking bone head questions and help when it's within my
knowledge bank. This list is very good in all kinds of ways. It builds
character in the ones that are flexible.

Denis Despins
KC6TRW