From: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Monday, June 04, 2001 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: shortcut?

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de>

Jim Lux wrote:

> The voltage is typically a few hundred volts

Jim, All!

The defib, I've just dismantelled, contained (amongst other
components):

- pulse capacitor 50 µF/4 kVDC (CSI)
- step-up-converter 24 VDC to 4 kVDC
- HV relay (Kilovac) for defibrillation
- HV relay (Pickering Electronics UK) for discharge trough resistor

Another defib contained a pulse capacitor 32 µF/6 kVDC (also from
CSI).

The HV cap discharges through a 30 mH coreless coil.

I collected the defib from the scrapyard and it was still working!
Defibs are very dangerous "toys", which may easily burn holes into
your skin or even kill you. Please be careful!

Regards,

Herwig