Re: Toroid bulk buy

Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "michael.tucknott by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <michael.tucknott-at-virgin-dot-net>

> Hi all
> I`v been keeping a close eye on the bulk buy thread.
> I think that if we all go for the 8.5" by 34" with a 10mm mounting hole.

It *might* be better to not have a mounting hole, if only to make it
easier for the buyer to drill the size he wants.  It *can* sometimes be
more difficult to enlarge an existing hole than drill from scratch, and
making it smaller is, of course, not possible.  Some people may prefer
non-metric sizes (3/8" would be right for my setup).

Is the center disk (where the hole is drilled) a single plate?  If not,
how much distance between them?  It would be good, if they are seperate,
to have a heavy tubular sleeve welded between the holes in the plates to
provide more rigidity for mounting purposes (does anyone follow what I'm
saying?).

> What we need to know is what thickness of ally the toroid needs
> to be spun out of, our 6" by 24" toroid is made of 2" ally and is
> quite heavy.
> So how many of us are there at the moment that may want a spun toroid.??

I might be, depending on price and how soon it happens.

I think it's a case of how many are interested depends on price which
depends on how many are interested which...

What would be best for all is to get the pricing specified (cost per
unit for various lot sizes), then for a short time period people can
jump on the bandwagon whenever the price is within their reach, thereby
lowering the price for everyone.

	- Bill V.