Power Factor (Was Freau's efficiency)

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Ed, all,

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> 	When the transformer secondary is loaded with a capacitor and spark
> gap, how do you figure the amount of inductive reactance to cancel?
>
> Ed

Either by using a Spice simulation,  or by guessing a PFC capacitance,
and refining it for minimum current draw.

This works very well for systems using an RSG.  Howeveer, static gap
behaviour is so chaotic that I think PFC is probably not very
effective in these systems ???

See my other post on Designing for High Power Factor too.

						Cheers,

						-Richie,
						(Newcastle, UK.)