Re: No responses yet! Fw: Air core toroid...

Original poster: "mpf by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <the_machin_shin-at-hotmail-dot-com>

How about a comparison between a 24 inch long, 2 inch diameter straight coil
and it's 2 inch diameter 24 inch inner circumference toroidal counterpart...

I know that a given coil of any shape will be affected by iron/ferrite/air
core, but I have no sense for how turning a straight coil around into a
toroid will affect it.

Maybe if someone could post the equation for each, that would help me out...

Thanks.

>Subject: Re: No responses yet! Fw: Air core toroid...

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>