Re: Melted enamel spool, fixable??

Hi Erik,

Well, you could respool it so the melted area is on the inside of the
spool. However, you could
also simply use the wire on a secondary if you can keep the windings from
touching (shorting)
one another. One method would be to thread a former keeping the windings in
the threads. Another
method is to space wind a coil. The wire insulation is then unnecessary for
all practical
purposes and if you had any worry's, you could just coat the secondary.

Also, 350 lb's is a "huge" amount of wire (easily 50 secondary's could be
wound from this
spool). You might want to offer some to the list members if there's more
than you'll ever use.
Then again, you might have plans for it or want to keep it for future use.
Great job scrounging!

Take care,
Bart Anderson