(update)Melted enamel spool, fixable??

Original poster: "Erik Byng by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <e_byng-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ok, heres the deal.

I'd love to rewind it or respool it, but i dont have the equipment to deal
with spinning a 350lb drum.

I was thinking chop-sawing out the bad section, and then using the good
part, but id have to find a way to use it in its larger form, which puts me
back up to point A.

So far, the best option I've come up with so far has been to wave the little
white flag of defeat and sell it to the metals reclamation guys, take my
$200 and replace it with a smaller, more managable spool.

I've also been thinking having someone rewind the wire after I get the bad
section out, but its $150 up from, + expenses.

Darn :-(
It looks so nice sitting there on the pallet...

Erik
(I need bigger equipment!!(Much bigger :-)))