RE: cap material question

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Will

I know that professional mylar caps can't take the heat generated.
Professional caps pack a lot of capacity in a small space which is not a
good heat sink. When used in a tank circuit, the mylar goes to heck. It
might work well in a homebrew plate cap where you have a lot of surface area
to dissipate heat, especially if you submerge upon oil.

Godfrey Loudner