Re: Garage door opener protection

One also needs to be careful about the low voltage lines to the safety
sensors.  My opener has an optical "beam breaker" kind of thing to keep you
from closing the door when there is something in the way. An evening of
quarter shrinking about 2 meters away killed it, preventing closing the
door remotely (although it still opened ok.. the beam breaker only prevents
downward motion).