Re: Thoughts on spark length (50Hz vs 60Hz)

Original poster: "R.E.Burnett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <R.E.Burnett-at-newcastle.ac.uk>

Hi Mark,

I thought about the 50Hz vs 60Hz thing too.  An NST originally designed
for 60Hz would give slightly more output current when run at 50Hz,  but
before we all order new NSTs from the states,  I don't think there's much
in it really, once you connect a capacitor across the NST.

The 60Hz guys can actually use slightly smaller capacitors and less
ballast inductance than the 50Hz guys,  and still get the same
power.  But we are talking about small changes here,  nothing major.  You
design for what you have available.

We coilers in the UK must just get longer sparks through better
engineering ;-)))

BTW,
I will do that Res Charging example thing later this week as I got a
couple of Emails about it.

							Cheers,

							-Richie,