Re: need suggestions for general sizing in a multi coil setup

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

I need to loosen
the coupling some day and do some full power tests at 120 bps - maybe even
add some additional primary capacitance.

Ed Sonderman

Hi, all...
      I had an idea. If one had, say, 15 turns for their pri., and  tapped
it at 10, how about this: Build a 20-turn primary, tap it at 5 turns from the
outside(15) and put the inner-tap at five. Would you then be able to change
the coupling by mivung the inner (and the outer) tap? It would look kind of
like this:

    outer-tap            inner tap

The only thing I see wrong with this is, since the pri is metal (of coarse)
it will still conduct the magnetism to the same coupling as a normal pri.
would...
I'm starting to confuse myslef now :-D

Jonathon Reinhart
hometown.aol-dot-com/kidd6488/tesla