Re: secondary voltage

Hi Tom,

That equation comes from conservation of energy.  However, it does not take
into account gap losses and such which may account for up to 50% of a coils
energy loss.  A good modification is:

Vout = 0.7 x Vin x SQRT(Cpri / Csec)

Note the square root function too.

So with the numbers you give, I get 313kV which is probably fairly close.

Cheers,

	Terry