RE: Copper sulphate as electrolyte

Original poster: "Atkinson, Chip by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CAtkinson-at-Circadence-dot-com>

Beware that copper sulfate is really corrosive on metals such as steel and
aluminum.  Not so much aluminum due to the oxide coating that forms, but if
there are scratches it'll start replacing the aluminum with spongy copper.
Likewise for enameled pots or stoves.  My parents destroyed a stove making
copper sulfate crystals when the enameled pots developed leaks as the copper
sulfate attacked through cracks and pin holes.  Then the solution leaked out
and on to the stove.  It's also poisonous as well.  I'm sure it's not on the
level of sodium cyanide of course, but it's not as non-toxic as brine.

Chip