Re: More newbie questions

Original poster: "christopher carsten by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ctom-at-toast-dot-net>

Hello, for a 15/30 nst I would think that any good insulated wire would be
fine. I have seen coils wired up with little radio shack alligator clips and
thin wire although these will heat up and cause losses and is not
recomended. One could use house wire (18 or 12 gauge) or welding cable, I
use neon sign hv wire but before that I used anything that was thick and
insulated. some coilers even use Cu tubing for their coils but that is not
really portable so if you plan on experimenting keep your connections
flexible. some people use coax cable with the shield removed which is close
to the hv wire that I use. when running the BIG coils it is more important
but for small to medium coils almost anything goes.
Chris