Re: Flyback Xfmr

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/23/01 6:44:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi all (Sorry I know this is a bit OT)
>
> I recently pulled apart an old telly to get at the flyback transformer. It
> is a sony TV transformer with the rectifier and cascade built in. I want to
> hook it up to a 12V batttery, an FET and a signal generator, but before I do
> that, I need to know which pins are the primary windings, etc. I actually
> only want to use 2 pins, (primary winding) because my setup will no employ a
> feedback loop. I doubt that anyone has a pinout of this flyback (it would be
> great if they do :) so if possible I want to consider other options:
>
> 1) Continuity / Resistance. Find the highest resistance pins and connect up
> the power supply to them
>
> 2) New winding : Wind a new primary onto the ferrite core, but how many
> turns?
>
> 3) Experiment: trry all the different pin combinations
>
> Pictures are at
> http://www.geocities-dot-com/teslamanuk/public_html/projects/flyback/flyback.htm
> and feedbaclk would be very much appreciated!!!
>
> I really dont wanna fry the flyback of possible, so I want some professional
> opinion first!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Hi! I have fiddled with these before.Make a new primary.Just wind on 8-10
turns.I used a feedback though.These really suck at performance because most
are designed to work at voltages of around 320volts i believe.It wont do too
much.The primary is  most likely the one with the smallest resistance.Theres
no way of telling for sure w/o contacting the manufacturer.

Matt

Matt