Re: Cavalier Attitude and DANGERS OF COILING !!

Original poster: "Wade B AndB Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nabedaw-at-juno-dot-com>

People,
  The dangers of electricity are very real. I work with it on a daily
basis, and am witness to the constant ignorance and lack of respect that
even the "trained professionals" show it, and I use that word loosely.
  It takes 250 mA to stop the heart. PERIOD! And from personal
experience, as an occupational hazard I am not discluded from being
jolted. It is not pleasant! It is not cool!
  Some of the younger  bucks may walk away from a shock, thinking that,
that wasn't so bad.........those people are lucky that they walked away
at all. If you have yourself grounded in a manner that usually starts at
the finger tips, and you provide a path to ground with any other part of
your body, which you are usually not even  aware to what part of your
body is grounded, you are putting yourself in a life threatening
situation.
  I have seen people knocked across rooms when dealing with 120 volts
60Hz.
If your unfortunate enough to get caught by 277volts 60 HZ, that voltage
will freeze your muscles,
raddle your teeth, travel through your fillings, and depending on the
exit point, will most likely burn a hole through your muscle and skin. A
flash from a phase to phase short of 208v, 240v, or 480 v, will ionize
the air particles, you will most likely be blind, bald from the fire
ball, and probably have 2nd and 3rd degree burns over the upper portion
of your body, if you live through it .
  Tesla coils as we all know use much higher voltages and frequencies and
for that reason should be RESPECTED.
  Electricity can do some very strange things depending on the
circumstances. And as "layman" I suggest that you use common sense when
working with it. Don't show boat!
    To be completely honest, our science does not fully understand
"electricity,"  we discovered a small part of it 100 or so years ago, and
 have been utilizing what we did find to the best our understanding.
Again as layman, you can not possibly be aware of how an electrical
charge may react in for different situations.
  Above all, just be careful.

Anyway,

Wade