Re: Tesla coil tank circuit based on cap discharge through an SCR

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 6/25/01 11:45:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Matt & Coilers,
>
> I've wondered about "supercharging" an electronic electric fencer
> unit, and replacing the output transformer with a Tesla primary
> and secondary.  The bang rate is slow, but it might make for an
> interesting experiment.  Is this similar to your thinking?
>

> 73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
>
> Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
> E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
>           or ve3ear-at-rac.ca
> Web site:  www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle

Im not sure how they work.Its capacitive disharged right?You know can
crushers?Think of a small one with a stud mount SCR switching capacitors
through the primary.Basically its discharging a much higher powered capacitor
through a primary using an SCR as the spark gap.

Matt