Re: spark gap question...

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

A typical MOT only develops about 2KVAC.  It can only
jump a very narrow gap, as in 2mm or so.  Once the gap
arcs, you can draw out an arc of several inches.  But
if you want it to self-start across a cold gap, you're
going to need to make the gap VERY narrow.

I've got some MOT foolishness on my web site.  Have a
look sometime.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg