Re: Coil Frustration - Clarify

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

It's best to try to scale the physical size of the
Tesla coil to the intended power supply. You wouldn't
put a lawn mower engine in an SUV, or a V8 on a lawn
mower, would you? It just wouldn't be reasonable. Same
deal with Tesla coils. Within fairly wide boundaries,
Tesla coils work best when appropriately sized. John
Freau demonstrated this most dramatically by building
a rather smallish table top coil capable of producing
42 inch sparks with only a 12kv/30ma NST power supply.
 He apparently found the optimum dimensions for his
power supply.  Don't throw away your big secondary.
Start saving up MOTs instead!

Regards,

Greg

<http://members.home-dot-com/fredmoore/>http://members.home-dot-com/fredmoore/